Technical Support Analyst — Products & Services
- Provide technical expertise and support to our customers.
- Provide technical guidance and instruction on the use of computer technologies.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Oversee desktop and server support problems and resolutions to determine trends, as well as ensuring that support procedures are being followed.
- Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures; accurately logging all customer contacts using call-tracking software.
- Monitor Customer Support operations and escalate help-tickets to ensure clients’ problems are handled as expeditiously as possible.
- Follow-up on support issues with customers to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Assist in the creation of online tools and documents to support customers.
- Experience with Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7.
- Familiar with Windows Server 2003/2008
- Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications and/or equipment.
- A minimum of one year technical experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Skills in planning, organizing and adapting within a multi-tasking environment.
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience with Active Directory, network security, biometrics, cryptography, smart cards and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Experience with Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and disk encryption products.
- Experience with Microsoft CRM.
Interested candidates email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Wave Systems Corp.
Wave Systems Corp. (NASDAQ: WAVX) reduces the complexity, cost and uncertainty of data protection by starting inside the device. Unlike other vendors who try to secure information by adding layers of software for security, Wave leverages the hardware security capabilities built directly into endpoint computing platforms themselves. Wave has been among the foremost experts on this growing trend, leading the way with first-to-market solutions and helping shape standards through its work as a board member for the Trusted Computing Group.